May History Meeting – Country Cottage, May 10, noon
Meeting called to order.
Local Festivals are listed on History Web Site:
1. Continue to be interest in our community projects.
2. June Meeting will be held in Alton, MO at the Courthouse in the basement, June 14th at 12:00pm. Will get notices in Alton and Thayer papers.
3. Scholarship approved and published on web site with requirements. Award targeted for August 2013 for $300. Students must write essay “What growing up in Oregon County has meant to me.”
4. Mr. Langston will present to club some maps that he helped develop if we have place for them. (Like Library).
5. Galleys are copied! Four sets of 5 CDs have been created, one placed in vault, one will go to Mary Lea Pease.
6. Haven’t received package from Joe Senn yet.
6. Festival Dates: Alton Walnut Festival: October 5th, Myrtle Yesteryear: September 28th, Kosh Festival September 21st, Thayer Homecoming, October 18th.
7. Increase interest in schools and youth. We will contact summer school for project on interviewing relatives for geneology and history stories.
8. Marge Ship elected treasurer. Will take motion to bank
9. Second online bank account will be created at another bank.
10. Still need one signature to finish forms. Will need new forms for Marge as Treasurer.
11. Received online interest in ordering the book.
12. Got another publisher card that may be alternative to re-print.