History Meeting Agenda:
Meeting Called to Order, Secretary’s report, Treasurer’s Report.
Digital History Book:
Sample book came in! Need to proof and fix and submit for our 20 book order. Price set for summary book. (Costs $2.15 to publish, Price now set at $10.00, need price for selling content to other books).
- Will order 5 more copies for proofreading. Then submit summary book for publication
- Have converted text for the re-print book to new program. Need to place enhanced images.
- Found a way to do indexing in the back but need to test it. (Adobe program and Virginia Systems). Need cost of each system and to test.
- Need to set up and test online ordering procedures.
Presold almost 100 books. Set $30.00 as tentative book price with discounting via Amazon and locally
Estimate $600-$1000. May need help from createspace.com (Amazon’s publishing group) . The intent is to do everything we can locally
We have settled on 2 column (with bleeds), Tahona 10 pt font. Will have sample printout on Amazon
Need lots of ink to proof pages. Jenny bought ink and will get invoice to club.
Need many stories for the new book starting in January. Received story on Peach Capital in Koshkonong.
- Suggestions on going through churches and other groups for stories. Set deadline for stories to be around January 1, 2015
- Planning for scholarship to be awarded at April 2014 meeting. Will go through school guidance counselors to get applications
- Criteria for scholarship sent to schools.
- Presented Amazon’s reimbursement numbers for each book sold.
- Shann: Cemetary headstones for Civil War Soldiers. Looking at site to be designated s a National Heritage site at “Old George Martin Farm.”
- Shann: Ceremony to place headstone at Clifton Cemetary on May 25, 205
- Kosh Peach orchard story
- Granny Blue Day and story November 16, 2014
- Ken Franke has youtube videp entitled “100 year Journey Mammoth Spring, Thayer, MO.” See it on our web site. Will make presentation at April Meeting.
- Took Mills and Cemetary maps to Thayer, MO library.
- Civil War Re-enactment at Fort Davis the 26th, 27th and 29th near Pilot Knob
- WPA may have listed indian villages during their projects.
- Mathew is going to Columbia and will visit Historical Society Library for Oregon County History.