History Meeting Minutes: 06-13-2014
Meeting Call to Order, Secretary’s report, Treasurer’s Report
Digital History Book (Summary Book, Original Blue Book Reprint, and New Book):
- Sample Book sent for final printing. Need to resolve permission issue for copyright.
- All images are placed in file, layout in process
- Indexing test done so will go with the program we have.
- Need to set up online ordering procedures. Will test with Summary Book
- Pre Sold approximately 100 books. Would like to pre-sell 150 before publication.
- Don’t need this now. (Estimate $600-$1000. May need help from createspace.com (Amazon’s publishing group) when I get into the book. The intent is to do everything we can locally)
- Decision is to sell book for $30. Initial feedback is that is a reasonable price.
- Bill this month for photo imaging, layout and editing.
- Need many stories for New Book by January 2015.
- Voted to Award Scholarship
- Lots of stories are pouring in on Facebook. Have example to share.
- Ceremony held for Civil War Soldier. Good Attendance from Forrester family. Re-enactment of a Civil War burial conducted by Civil War Club. See on our web site.
- Would like to have a couple of interns to work this summer on digital project.
- National Heritage site at “Old George Martin Farm.” Talking to current owner.
- Granny Blue Day changed to November 8th, 2014. Proclamations signed. Notifying descendants.
- Could not find WPA references to Indian Villages
- Will sell Reading, Writing and Arithmetic for $12.50 at festivals.
- Postponed decision on licensing of electronic content.
- Distributed Table of Contents for New Book
Ezra Manes on his book “Third Moon Rising” and how he promoted it.
Dave Bailey on the Thayer Warm Fork Indian Bones.