History Meeting Minutes: 06-13-2014
Meeting Call to Order, Secretary’s report, Treasurer’s Report
Digital History Book (Summary Book, Original Blue Book Reprint, and New Book):
- Sample Book returned for final proof. (Costs $2.15 to publish). Price now set at $10.00. Need content selling price.
- Images still being placed in file
- Indexing test to be done.
- Need to set up online ordering procedures. Will test with Summary Book
- Pre Sold approximately 100 books. Would like to pre-sell 150 before publication.
- Estimate $600-$1000. May need help from createspace.com (Amazon’s publishing group) when I get into the book. The intent is to do everything we can locally
- Decision is to sell book for $30. Initial feedback is that is a reasonable price.
- Bill this month for photo imaging, layout and editing.
- Need many stories for New Book by January 2015.
- Reviewed Scholarship Applications.
- Lots of stories are pouring in on Facebook. Have example to share.
- Ceremony to be held for Civil War Soldier headstone placement at Clifton Cemetery May 24, 2014
- National Heritage site at “Old George Martin Farm.” Talking to current owner.
- Granny Blue Day changed to November 16th, 2014. Proclamations signed. Notifying descendants.
- Could not find WPA references to Indian Villages
- Civil War re-enactment at Fort Davis the 26th-29th near Pilot Knob
- Mary lea brought two Reading, Writing and Arithmetic books which we will be able to sell to raise money. She has about 100.
- The Franke’s volunteered to help with organzing new book.
- Purchased 4 books on the Combs family from Reed descendents.
Old Thayer Movie