BY-LAWS OF THE OREGON COUNTY HISTORY CLUB
NAME AND ADDRESS
The name of this organization shall be: The Oregon County History Club.
The address of this organization shall be: PO Box 327, Thayer, MO 65791
The electronic site of this organization hall be: http://www.ocmohistory.wordpress.com and
the email shall be firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF THE ORGANIZATION
The purposes for which this organization has been established are:
- To put foremost the best interest and preservation of the history and resources of Oregon County, Missouri, and educating the public shall be the primary concern for this organization.
- To preserve yesterday and enrich tomorrow.
The mission of the Oregon County History Club is to preserve, protect and promote the cultural, historical and natural resources of Oregon County, MO. through volunteer service, educational programs and financial support.
Membership in this organization shall be open to all who:
- Agree to abide by the by-laws of this organization.
- Sign a membership roster.
- Agree to attend, conduct meetings, and represent the club in an orderly manner.
- Membership may be revoked by a majority vote of members in a meeting with a quorum.
- Officers will be elected once per year and the term will be for one year after elected.
- An attendance sheet be circulated @ meetings.
- Future consderation of an equitable membership dues
- Voting on issues concerning the Oregon County History Club will be open to all current members who are present at the meeting.
- Voting shall be by a show of hands except when the topic requires voting by ballot.
- The Oregon County History Club shall be governed by an executive committee that will include a:
- Vice President
- The term of office shall be one year. Officers may be re-elected.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Roll call or counting of attendees for quorum
- Reading of the minutes
- Treasurer’s report
- Report of officers or committees
- Old Business
- New business
REVISING OR AMENDING THE BY-LAWS
- a revision of the bylaws may be done as follows:
- By a majority vote of those present, the president shall appoint a by-laws committee to revise the by-laws.
- The committee will make its recommendations at the next meeting. After a reading of the new revision, the group can either accept the committee’s recommendation or vote on changes, article by article. The completed revision will then be read to the group.
- The completed revision of the by-laws will be distributed at the next meeting of the group and read a second time. Those present at the meeting will then vote, and if a majority votes to approve, the revised by-laws will go into effect immediately and shall be so recorded by the secretary.
- The by-laws may be amended in the following manner:
- A member may read and discuss a proposed amendment at any meeting.
- After a reading at a second meeting there can be a vote. If a majority of those present vote in favor of the amendment, it shall go into effect immediately and shall be so recorded by the secretary.
DISSOLUTION OF THE ORGANIZATION
- In the event of a dissolution of the Oregon County History Club, the assets of the organization will be given to ______________________.
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
- Conducts regular meetings and makes sure they start on time.
- Invites speakers to meetings and encourages participation in joint activities with other groups.
- Provides an agenda for regular meetings and notifies members a week in advance of said meetings electronically via email.
- Takes input and provides an annual report and plan. Appoints committees. Asks for a summary of plans (and progress) of each committee.
- Keeps a calendar of events.
- Keeps a record of the proceedings at the regular meetings. Checks the minutes (from the Secretary) with his/her notes. Works with the secretary to make sure the minutes are correct before they are sent to all members.
- Make sure all conflicts are discussed by the entire group before contacting any person(s).
- Presides at regular meetings if the president is unable to attend.
- Becomes President Pro-Tem if the president is unable to complete his/her term and follows guidelines outlined under the duties of the president.
- Keeps a historical record (electronic) of the Oregon County History Club activities and events
- Keeps minutes of each regular meeting. Sends the minutes to the president for approval before finalizing them. If there is a disagreement about the contents of the minutes, he/she brings the minutes to the next meeting for approval by the group.
- Sends the approved minutes to all members via email.
- Keeps an inventory of sales items and where they are stored. Reports quantities to the Treasurer.
- Keeps a current list of members.
- Creates an annual directory of membership and provides a copy to each members.
- Keeps an accurate account of Oregon County History Club accounts, CDs, Debits and credits.
- Balances the checkbooks and accounts and reports all financial activity to the Oregon County History Club at meetings.
- Sends receipts for payment of dues or donations.
- Provides a cash box for all sales activities and events requiring such.
- Deposits all incoming sales and donations.
- Helps a newly elected treasurer transfers his/her name to the checking accouts with two other officer signatures.
- Files tax returns per state and federal requirements
- Makes application for the 501C-3 status per IRS requirements
PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR AND PROMOTER
- Keeps the Oregon County History Club website updated.
- Prepares press releases for special events and send them to local media outlets.
- Designs advertisements for upcoming events (if agreed to by members at a meeting.)
- Secures attendance for promotion at festivals.
- Coordinates events and festivals.
- Keep activities going through Facebook Oregon County History Sites for club and book promotion.
- Keeps progress going and assigns work to get books published, multimedia recordings, editing, and finalizing publishing.
- Creates marketing momentum for current and future publications
- Tracks and captures clients who purchase publications
- Grows the impact of Oregon County History Club for preserving yesterday and enriching tomorrow.
SARGEANT AT ARMS
Ensure orderly meetings, coordinate with outside groups, and encourage convivial meetings.